When you want to improve your smile, what are your choices for cosmetic dental procedures? There’s no doubt that cosmetic dentistry in Wellesley MA is gaining popularity. So today we’re sharing information regarding the top 7 procedures that can help perfect your smile.
7 Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
1. Teeth Whitening: Also referred to as teeth bleaching, this procedure can whiten and brighten your teeth from staining and/or discoloration. It can be performed at home or at your dentist’s office. Not every patient’s teeth can be bleached, so it’s important to consult with your dentist first.
2. Dental Veneers: Veneers are a thin covering that is made out of composite material or porcelain. They are custom-made and then affixed to the front side of the tooth. This type of cosmetic dentistry in Wellesley MA can be used to address dental conditions such as discolored teeth, chipped teeth, to cover spaces in between the teeth or a slightly crooked tooth.
3. Dental Implants: An implant is a metal structure that was designed to replace missing teeth. It is typically constructed of titanium and is surgically inserted into the jawbone where the tooth is missing. While a dental bridge is not permanent, dental implants are. They are designed to act as the root of a tooth and can be used to fasten an artificial tooth or teeth such as a bridge, denture or crown.
4. Dental Crowns: Crowns, also known as caps, are custom made to cover your entire tooth after the dentist has prepared it. They are typically made out of porcelain or acrylic that has been bonded to metal to endure the pressure caused when biting. Dental crowns can be used in cosmetic dentistry in Wellesley MA to treat teeth that are badly decayed, broken, poorly-shaped, chipped, have large fillings, or to hide spaces in between teeth.
5. Teeth Shaping: Also known as enamel shaping, the tooth is reshaped by filing or taking off some of the enamel. The process is typically not painful, and the results are immediate.
6. Tooth Bonding: Bonding is the procedure during which tooth-colored materials are bonded to the tooth. It can be used to fix or improve the look of a tooth that has been badly broken, chipped, or stained.
7. Orthodontic Treatment: Contrary to popular belief, orthodontics is not just for children. An increasing number of adults are seeking orthodontic treatment for cosmetic reasons. If you have crooked teeth or buck teeth, ask your dentist if an orthodontist can help you.
Your dentist will be able to help you determine which procedure will be the best option for brightening your smile. Call our office today to schedule an appointment to discuss how you would like to change your smile and which procedure is best suited for your needs. Cosmetic dentistry in Wellesley MA may not be covered by dental insurance or may have a high out-of-pocket expense, and that may be a factor in which option you choose.